Monday, August 29, 2011

Cheap & Chic from Scrapbook


I recently was introduced to a gorgeous blog named Scrapbook, written by Melissah who just happens to be located in a favorite spot of mine, Australia! I was immediately taken with what I saw and here is one of her posts, just to peak your interest...

Cheap and Chic



 





When it comes to decorating I am great believer in a little bit of imagination, good taste and style can get often get you a lot further than a pocketful of money. I started off my career as a fashion designer so I have always been handy with a sewing machine. When I moved out of home and moved into my a shared house I would get to work. I painted rooms, pulled up carpets and lime washed floor boards, whipped up curtains and doona covers on the sewing machine and put together a stylish collection of furniture from opportunity shops and second hand markets. Every place I have ever lived in has been cheery and homey. I think there's no excuse for not living in beautiful surroundings not matter what your budget!

I could not agree more Melissah, and to see more visit Scrapbook. Janell

{p.s. for those who may not know what a "doona cover" is, first of all it is not a typo! I googled it to make sure. Rather it is another term for a duvet...see, I've already learned something from her blog!}

2 comments:

Merlin said...

Absolutely lovely! franki

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

So pretty!! Excited to check out Melissah's blog. And so true Janell, the desire to make it yours goes so much further than anything else!