Summer Tortellini Salad
I call this a "salad". Really, does anything with a pasta base count as a salad? Not hardly. Regardless, this is a quick and refreshing dish for a summer brunch or side for dinner. Add a little oilve oil, and it stores just fine overnight.
*I use organic ingredients for all my recipes. These dishes will still taste delicious even if all the ingredients are not organic.1. Make tortellini according to package directions. Rinse and toss with olive or grapeseed oil. Allow to cool in fridge for 10-20 minutes. (This ensures that the hot pasta will not melt the mozzerella when combining.)
2. Chop a large bunch of fresh basil.
3. Strain and chop one 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts.
4. Drain one or two cans of sliced black olives.
5. Cut fresh mozzerrella balls into slices and then chop into cubes. (You can also slice mozzerella string cheese if fresh mozzerella is not available.)
5. Combine tortellini pasta, one carton of cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped basil, artichoke hearts, cheese, and 2/3 cup of Italian dressing.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve cold and enjoy!