Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Don't Yuck On My Yum"

While fixing dinner last night, catching up with my husband on this and that, he responded to an experience I was relaying by saying, "It's like something I read today, don't yuck on my yum." Wow, I like that. Where did you hear it? So he sent me the link.

It is just one of 43 points in a post by J.D. Roth, written in celebration of his 43 years.

This I Believe: 43 Lessons from 43 Years

19. Don’t yuck someone else’s yum. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s bad. Pursue your passions, and let others pursue theirs. If you don’t like something, fine. There’s no need to make a big deal about it. (Note: This is a tough one for me to actually practice in daily life.)

The other 42 points are a really good read as well, but this one just struck a cord with me. We all have different opinions and thank goodness we do...it'd be terribly boring if we all thought the same. But there's a way to have differences while respecting another's yum!



And just because this is a blog and you expect pictures, here's a fav I came across recently! It's today's yum, for me.

7 comments:

Today's Treasure by Jen said...

#19 is going on my kitchen chalkboard today! Also, love the tub on the porch!

Vintage Market Place said...

oh such a good point.
It seems these days everyone is so rude. I know this all to well, my tastes are a lot different than the norm, so my friends are always putting my opinion of stuff down.
So I am loving this and really want to post it for all to see.
Amy

kayce hughes said...

pink yum....even better

Holly said...

great post! I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the link, will go check it out now.

Best!

Merlin said...

I hear you! It's the "urbanized" form of "bullying." Keep up ALL the good work! franki

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

LOVE this! Think I'll embroider it on a pillow.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

so great!
Hope all is well Janell!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com