Friday, March 9, 2012

Room Crush: Mudrooms

If I could grab a few extra square feet from my living room and upstairs landing - completed wasted in these spots - and move them to our back door to create a real mud room, well I tell you life would be simplified!


I spotted a beauty at Muse Interiors, with lots of pretty built-ins, a chic light fixture and bench area,
so convenient when slipping off and on shoes!

Combination Mudroom and Laundry Room traditional entry

And Ron Brenner Architects created a mudroom around the corner from the laundry, perfect!

Crisp Architects traditional entry

The brick herringbone patterned floor in a mudroom by Crisp Architects 
takes away the worry of wet and muddy soles.

Forest View Residence Mudroom traditional entry

While mudrooms are typically seen towards the back of the house, setting up storage in a front entry can add functionality and encourage the front door to actually be used! By LDa Architecture & Interiors

Derby Hill Farm Lyme NH traditional entry

I can't take my eyes off this mudroom by Smith & Vansant Architects
with the gorgeous worn bench and stone flooring.

Birmingham mud/laundry room, MI  laundry room

MainStreet Design Build didn't forget the pets in this design...

Case Design/Remodeling, Inc. eclectic laundry room

...and Case Design/Remodeling, Inc. thought of everything in this combination mudroom/laundry room, even setting up a space to catch up on a little work or email while getting a few loads of laundry done.

A Ranch Re-dressing Hanover NH contemporary entry

And seriously? When did rustic get so glamorous! 

Stay toasty while removing shoes and grab a book while you're at it 
in a striking mudroom by Smith & Vansant Architects



4 comments:

Landi said...

I've always had a strange obsession with mudrooms! I guess probably since we built my childhood home that I moved into in 6th grade and already knew I wanted to be a designer!! My mom did a lot in the mud room and my love for them grew ever since! You can be so logical when it comes to what goes in a mud room & I love that rustic look! Very elegant and chic!

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

I love mudrooms, sadly they are rarely found here in AZ. :( Check out the entryway mudroom Shelley did http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2012/02/project-entryway-closet-makeover-reveal.html

Rumour has it said...

Today I found a reference to your blog in the Dutch interior magazine ´Ariadne at Home´. Just want to let you know that I´m a happy new follower (through FB as well)... :)
Best regards from Belgium,
Marjolijn

Lily said...

I dream of a house with a mudroom...because without one every room is muddy!

http://mudroomstorageideas.com