Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wallpaper Love: The Vase

I've adored this wallpaper from Clarence House, inspired by a David Hicks design, every since first seeing it in a small powder bathroom several years ago. Being a true fan, I've used it in my own home and also had a story written about it for the latest issue of House of Fifty. A classic pattern that is both traditional and hip at the same time, it's currently available in 16 various colorways. But, my favorites are the yellow and taupe.

Via
In a butler's pantry.
Yes, a pantry, I had to read the text on this space twice to make sure I'd caught that properly!

Via
In a living room paired with pretty blues.

Maison Inc. in House of Fifty Mag
In a bathroom, next to dark trim and patterned tile a dynamic mix is created.




Via House of Fifty Mag
And in a kitchen.
The idea behind lining the walls of this kitchen with wallpaper was to give the space its own distinct character,
despite being open to the family room and dining room through arched openings. It works!

Is there a wallpaper you've been wanting to use in your home?

11 comments:

Jalon Burton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jalon Burton said...

I second that! Love this look! It must be a wallpaper kind of day... I too posted on wallpaper (furniture)
Gorgeous images! Thank's for sharing. Have a terrific Thursday.

Anne said...

Do they make fabric in the same pattern?

jeanette from everton terrace said...

My mother would love the yellow - her favorite color. I really like the bathroom, especially mixed with the tile, very very nice.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

when i see this wallpaper now, i think of you (and your playroom).

Bethany
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/02/planter-love.html

Unknown said...

In love with the first photo.
Thanks!

Emma said...

It's gorgeous in the yellow!

Today's Treasure by Jen said...

As an interior designer, I cannot tell you how truly happy I am that wallpaper is back in such a big way. Great post- love your photo choices. Thank you ~Jen

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE that kitchen, and the yellow with the navy print window seat, and navy accents!
Nancy
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/02/curtain-call.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed.
Wallpapers

Unknown said...

Hey, it looks great! On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Most people will never be great in #Style, BUT YOU ARE ;-).

Let me share something with you! Did you know that you can print favorite photos of your work and hang them on the wall as canvas prints? Bring your ideas into real life, with an option to print even large canvas prints.

Read more