Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One Year Ago


One year ago, I was sitting in this house wondering what was next.

While spending a few days with my family at a friend's beach house, I was trying to figure a way out of a slump brought on by a little run-in with "ageism".

See the post on that event here: Doesn't Everyone Know 49 is the New 29?

I knew I had to find something to get excited about, for myself and my career, if I didn't want to buy into the message that my best days were behind me.


That is when the idea that led to the launch of House of Fifty began...
{three issues to date with another in the works}

One year later, I'm thrilled. It was been such a rewarding venture to work on and I am so thankful to all the people who have become part of this project, and to the reception it has received from you. I think it is very fitting the "anniversary" of the idea for House of Fifty falls on the week of Thanksgiving!
{now available in "print to order", and as an App from the iTunes store}

Here's to being thankful for all life brings to us.

12 comments:

Taylor Morgan said...

happy anniversary! and congratulations on a great success :)

Unknown said...

So inspiring! Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving!

Beatrice@craftybeeblog.com said...

happy anniversary! You must be over the moon on how things have turned around. You deserve it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Emily A. Clark said...

Congrats Janell! Funny how much can change in a year.

Emily A. Clark said...

Congrats Janell! Funny how much can change in a year.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Congratulations! You are such an inspiration! I'm visiting my parents and just downloaded the app their iPad. They need to see it! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Congrats, Janell! So happy that you started House of Fifty, it was the perfect project to launch. I too have gone thru a metamorphosis in the last year & it has been so freeing. Here's to 2012!

designchic said...

And we, your readers, are thankful you started House of Fifty...always full of beauty and inspiration!! Happy Anniversary ~

Stacy CUrran said...

I didn't know the story behind th name...it's brilliant! And so are you, a real design star who has accomplished so much
Stacy

Loretta said...

Congrats!!!! god has truly blessed you.

Blue Turtle said...

Congratulations! You are an inspiration. Nice blog too!

jeavon @ Interior Design

Carla said...

What a wonderful story and congratulations on 1 year of House of Fifty such an inspiring project...at any age I say, and yes I am of the opinion 49 definitely is the new 29, lets not get started on that!!
May the next year be bigger and better.

Carla