Friday, November 4, 2011

Slow Decorating

I've decided it's time to embrace the slow decorating movement...I've looked for a book but can't find one. Do you know of one? I think I first heard about this approach on the Nester's blog. But anyway, after rushing about my house for the last three years getting rooms redone and spruced up, I'm ready for a slower pace.

I like the idea of considering options more thoughtfully, and perhaps saving up money to get an item that I know I'll be thrilled with for years and will stand up to wear and tear. Or waiting until I find just the right item or solution for a space, instead of grabbing what I've found and making do.

Besides..."slow" is about all the time I have to put toward decorating these days! However, I did get one little project complete: The hanging of the wallpaper art.


Got some pictures to hang? You must get a package of OOK picture hanging hardware! 
{the best, bar none}


A couple measurements later, the Ikea Ribba frames showcasing colors of the vase wallpaper were hung...


...and pretty straight at that. Or close enough.


I'm loving them. Happy bursts of color & pattern!

And now I'm heading off to the coast with a group of girlfriends for the weekend...
Long overdue, we'll be finding lots to celebrate I'm sure.

Enjoy yours!

5 comments:

Rashon Carraway said...

I will definitely make my way out today to buy some of these. First for my new gallery wall and then for a few clients!


Thanks Janel


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Anonymous said...

Love this! I too have taken the slow approach to decorating my space. This way my purchases are well planned and thought out and I don't walk away with buyers remorse. :) GOOD LUCK!

Sam said...

Love the pops of color against the dark wall!

I've always tried to take the slow approach to decorating, otherwise my house would be a mish-mash of the crazy spur-of-the-moment ideas I have. Good luck!

Esta de moda said...

Your decorations is wonderful!!!
Kisses,Olgianna!!
http://houseoffiftyblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/slow-decorating.html

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Looks fabulous! That wallpaper in different colours is a genius decorating idea. Perfect for wallpaper-commitment-phobes. Like me.